* The New River Chapter's newest member, CDR Mik Mikulan, USPHS, Ret., was the featured speaker at our June meeting. Mik helped educate us all on the operation and roles of the U.S. Public Health Service, one of the of the seven commissioned corps in the U.S. government arsenal.
* As part of his talk, Mik displayed the flag of the U.S. Public Health Service and made a formal presentation of the flag to chapter leaders to be made an official part of the New River Chapter's standard of service flags.
* Pictured (upper right) is the New River Chapter 1st VP COL Charles Knapp, USA, Ret. and President CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, USN, Ret. receiving the flag from CDR Michael (Mik) Mikulan, USPHS, Ret.
* Pictured (lower right) are COL Knapp, CAPT Ehrhardt and CDR Mikulan unfurling the USPHS flag for all to see before placing it in the flag stand.
* A former helicopter pilot in the U.S. Army, Mik left after 11 years of flying and used his GI Bill to earn a nursing degree and then transferred his commission to the the U.S. Public Health Service. He worked as a nurse in the Federal Prison System in Springfield, MO.