We're pleased that you have found the official web site of the New River Chapter, an affiliate of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA). MOAA and its affiliated councils and chapters are nonpartisan.
* CLICK HERE FOR SOME MORE INFORMATION AS WELL AS HOW TO FIND OUR MAILING, E-MAIL AND FACEBOOK ADDRESSES.
* Formed in 2009, we are 35 men and women representing the armed forces along the beautiful New River basin in and around Ashe County in northwestern North Carolina.
* We support MOAA National's goals, serving the needs of military members in the counties of Ashe, Allegheny and Wilkes in North Carolina.
- To open/review/take action on any of MOAA's current Legislative Alerts, click here.
- Formerly a monthly newsletter, The Affiliate is a periodic newsletter for Council Chapter leaders. Click here to open the MOAA Newsletter with links to archived issues of The Affiliate.
Other important information about the New River Chapter:
Our Chapter's web site was recognized by MOAA National's 2010 and 2011 Marvin J. Harris Communications Award competition as WINNER in Category V, Chapters with fewer than 120 members. In 2013 we were 2st Runner Up while in 2012 we were 1st Runner Up
- Our Chapter's newsletter was recognized by MOAA National's 2010 Marvin J. Harris Communications Award competition as WINNER in Category V, Chapters with fewer than 120 members, as 1st Runner Up in 2011 and 2012 while in and 2013 as 2nd Runner Up.
- Link here to open our current newsletter, under Documents, or find any past editions.
- The scrolling "News Ticker" in the page header contains current, as well as important, items for your information. The postings are "hot linked" so you can immediately navigate to them by simply right clicking on the posting you wish to read.
^top Detail Posted: