The North Carolina Council of Chapters statewide convention will be held from September 7 to 10, 2017 at the historic Williamsburg Lodge in Williamsburg, VA...follow this link for information on the all-inclusive four days of activities, cost and how to make a reservation to participate.
* As part of a DoD initiative to recognize and thank veterans of the Vietnam War, a 50th Anniversary Vietnam Commemorative Display and Vietnam Veterans Recognition event will be held on September 20, 2016 from 5:00 - 7:30 PM at the Museum of Ashe County History in Jefferson, NC. This event is also sponsored in conjunction with the North Carolina Council of Chapters, a DoD 50th Vietnam War Commemorative Partner.
* All veterans - anyone who served between the years 1955 and 1975 - will be encouraged to sign in and place a pin on a map of Vietnam to designate where they were stationed during the war. A formal recognition ceremony will be held to provide a certificate of appreciation and a lapel pin to each veteran attending the ceremony.
* Our guest presenter for the September 2015 regular membership meeting was local physical therapist, Tracy Lynn Schuster.
* Formerly the Director of Rehabilitation Services at Ashe Memorial Hospital in Jefferson, NC, Dr. Schuster of Schuster Physical Therapy presented the topic, Postural Restoration – Getting Rid of Body, Joint and Muscle Stiffness and Pain.
Rep. Jonathan Jordan and Challenger Ms. Sue Counts
* The New River Chapter revived their highly successful interest in Ashe County politics by holding a Town Hall meeting, akin to the debate we sponsored in 2010.
* Pictured right are New River Chapter 1st VP Charles Knapp, Sue Counts, Moderator Ron Fitzwater and State Representative Jonathan Jordan.
* Link to News and Events to learn more about the highly successful meeting that will help to inform the voters of Ashe County in advance of the forthcoming November election.
* The regular meeting of the New River Chapter was held on September 17, 2013 at the Coffee House on the Backstreet...
* Due to the pace of the year's activities to date, the program was strictly SOCIAL for the many members in the area in September and provided an opportunity to share camaraderie with fellow retired military officers and their spouses.
* A BOD meeting was held before the beginning of the festivities @ 5:30 PM.
* Dinner items were provided, as always, by our Coffee House hostess Julie McGunegle.