* The New River Chapter of the MOAA holds Regular Membership meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, beginning in March of each calendar year and continuing through October, at which time the annual meeting is held. Prior to the Regular Membership meeting, a Board of Directors meeting is held at 5:30 p.m.
* The Chapter holds an annual picnic in August, and a holiday party is held each December.
* The Chapter takes the period from November through February off since many members are seasonal residents. Everyone, however, is encouraged to stay put, or return for our holiday social, and guests of members are always welcome.
Go to Calendar for complete information on meeting locations, dates and programs.
Members are welcomed and encouraged to attend the board meetings.
Link: Link to Calendar:
* All commissioned and warrant officers of the seven Uniformed Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, U.S. Public Health Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and the reserve and other components of these services (regular members) are eligible for membership.
* Widows and widowers of any deceased individual, who would, if living, be eligible for membership are eligible as auxiliary members.
* Regular members must hold and maintain membership in both MOAA National and the local Chapter.
* Auxiliary members are encouraged, but not required to hold such membership.
- Any person identified in the "Who is Eligible to Join MOAA..." link in FAQs, can contact the New River Chapter via the "Contact Us" link to the left, or by selecting "E-mail us here" below, and we will get in touch with you without delay.
- Interested persons can also click on the downloadable file below (New River Chapter Membership Form), fill in the requested information and print two (2) copies on your printer. Keep one for your own records and mail the other one to our Chapter as indicated on the form...new chapter members receive a complimentary first year of membership but must be a member of MOAA.
Link: E-mail us here
- There are 18 MOAA Chapters in North Carolina with a combined total of 18,000 members...
- BUT, there are ONLY 2,000 MOAA members who have a corresponding membership with one of the 18 NC Chapters!
- Why is this important? Here are just some of the critical actions that have been enacted or supported by MOAA:
A military member AND the member's spouse can declare a state of residency. This ensures that the spouse doesn't face problems with having to re-register to vote or to get a drivers license in each state to which the military member is assigned.
TRICARE is NOT in jeopardy of any increases as a result of recent actions by Congress to pass a health care bill because of MOAA's efforts.
A Caregiver Bill is currently being drafted by Congress to extend critical benefits to family members who support wounded warriors thanks in part to the work of MOAA.
All of these programs, and many others like them, are the direct result of MOAA's One Powerful Voice before Congress.
MOAA National NEEDS to hear from everyone about issues important to us as military members, in total, but also as they relate to our state, our hometown, AND our Chapter.
If you would like to become a member of the New River Chapter, please click on the "New River Chapter Membership Form" below, fill in the requested information and print two (2) copies on your printer. Keep one for your own records and mail the other one, along with your membership fees to:
New River Chapter MOAA
PO Box 1202
Jefferson, NC 28640